Saturday, March 26, 2011

Morning Sickness sucks!


One tell tale sign you have a bun in the oven is when you suddenly have the urge to throw up....Lovely. What people don't tell you is that morning sickness is not limited to the morning. It can happen when ever, where ever; morning, evening, ALL DAY LONG! I started being acquainted with the Morning sickness monster around 7-8 weeks in. Now I was lucky enough not to have the morning sickness hang around for very long, it ended for me at the 12 week mark, right around the time I moved into my 2nd trimester, but some poor women have it or much longer, or sometimes I've heard it comes back after a few months...eeek.

Despite my short (and somewhat light) experience with daily upchucking I can tell you it's no walk in the park, especially if you are like me and hate throwing up. The action of puking your brains out is only half the battle, you still deal with this gut-rot feeling lingering all day long. You don't want to throw up....but you feel like you just might and since your senses are heightened, certain smells can put you over the edge. Oh, and the looks and comments you get from people, they're just peachy too. I was blessed enough to have to yak everyday at around 5:00pm; keep in mind, I'm usually still at work at this time. Nothing like running into the work bathroom to upchuck as your co workers hear the faint sound of BLAH...BLAH in the background. And come on, lets face it nobody looks pretty afterwards either, especially when your tired and feeling drained all the time. Funny thing is, when you come back to your desk you get a mixed bag of reactions. Some people keep their head down and pretend they didn't hear you (thank you for minding your own business) and then you have have others that make a stupid comment, or even mimic a vomiting action (those people are assholes).

People tell you little tricks to suppress morning sickness like, stay away from eating too much, don't get too hungry or have some soda crackers and ginger ale but honestly it really depends on the person. I munched on soda crackers, and made sure I was never running on empty and it didn't stop me from running into the bathroom everyday. My advise would be just this; opt5 for a sink when you can. To me getting my head close to where an ass was just makes things even more gross. That, and watch what you eat. Some things are really bad coming back up. Mental note: stay way from bacon cheese burgers and shawarma...trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment