Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Calm Before The Storm


I would just like to say I have been loving my time off. After 11 years for working with the same company I have finally had an opportunity to take extended time off. You see I had to take my 4 weeks holidays before my Maternity leave started, in Canada we get 12 months off; I am now in my 3rd week of vacation time. I will say that my home has never been cleaner, I have never been less stressed out and never been more well rested, I even get to have lunch with my husband 3 times a week. All of this however, is just the epic build up to have everything turned up side down. In a few weeks (who knows, maybe days) I will be sleep deprived, stressed out, anxious and my home will be in ruins and DH will be lucky if he has a sandwich waiting for him when he comes home for lunch. Once Baby comes all of this will turn to chaos, I know it. That is until I find my groove again.

Funny thing is, I don't mind if Baby comes into the world a bit earlier then excepted. Next week I will be 38 weeks and that would be an optimal time for me I think. Reason being is my doctor thinks my baby is really big right now and delivering before my due date would be best for me and the baby...me more. This may come as no surprise to those who know me but everything is done. Nursery set up...check. Baby's sleeping area in our bedroom...check. Stocked up on diapers, wipes, butt cream, bath stuff....check. Hospital bag in the car and waiting along with the car seat...check. All in all our happy household is ready for the arrival of Baby, well as ready as it's gonna be. I know that DH is super excited and wants Baby here sooner rather then later. So that's what I'm sticking to anytime next week or the week after is perfect for me (maybe I'll be eating my words). I'm already experiencing some of the "pre-labor" symptoms so we'll see where it leads to,but really who can ever predict when their baby will arrive, thats best left up to Mother Nature that and/ or the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment