Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feed Me!


Food has always been my weakness. I love food and I've had to limit myself in what I eat, Gestational Diabetes and all, but recently I've learned that effects my blood sugar and what doesn't, and not a minute too late. I've been having cravings like nobody's business. Maybe it's because I'm off work now and have more time to think about food; or maybe it's the fact that I've been so good with diet throughout this pregnancy. All I know is, I can't get enough of Lay's Kettle Cooked Ketchup chips, strawberries, Korean Bulgogi and Persian Macaroons (lemon or pistachio please).

As I approach D day (due date) I have to wonder if I can keep this healthy eating up? I mean, I have been doing it for the past 6-7 months; and it would be in the best interest for myself and Baby. They say that your baby can taste a bit of the food you've been eating from the amniotic fluid. So if you eat a lot of apples while incubating, you baby will be more likely to like apples later in life. Which has me thinking; will Baby be more partial to veggies? Wouldn't that be something, a kid who you don't have to trick them into eating their veggies? We'll see how that pans out. But if this theory is true, then Baby will like fruits and veggies, spicy food and ketchup chips...Oh, and macaroons; but I think I'll keep those little jewels to myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment